Monday, March 17, 2014

1839-West Point, Ohio



It is my third day here at the United States Military Academy. I do not necessarily like it here but it is better than Point Pleasant. In fact, I think anywhere is better than Point Pleasant. The Academy is very strict. This morning I received a good paddlin’ for slouching during the morning prayers. There are few people here that I enjoy being around. My bunk mate until graduation is Sampson. He’s nice I guess. We’ll eventually get along. I thought I would be missing home, but to my surprise I’m as happy as a white tailed rabbit finding a nice patch of cabbage. Before breakfast at around 5:30 in the morning everyone runs a route of 9 miles. This route leads straight through the town. It is still dark and many people are still sleeping so we are punished for being too loud. Right after a breakfast of eggs and ham (which I don’t expect to change over the years) we head out for marching drills. Those who find it difficult to follow are punished. There seems to be a lot of punishin’ done here at the Academy. Sampson is a Southerner so our views are the same. Don't be fooled that I live in the North and agree with everything they do.

1 comment:

  1. Add a little more information. Overall, it seems very interesting.
    Nebbie W

    ReplyDelete